Attic Backpackers is a multi award winning hostel in the heart of Auckland. Attic provides mostly dorm style accommodation and shared living facilities, has a lovely social vibe but is not a party hostel. Our small team prides itself on providing a ‘clean and friendly’ environment for our valued guests and Attic is consistently the highest rating hostel in the Auckland CBD. Our Attic mantra is ‘cleanliness and friendliness’ and our staff work very hard as an Attic team to ensure a great guest experience and a fun, enjoyable, accurate, timely and efficient working environment for all staff and managers.
Should you be interested in working at Attic, we generally have two ‘team member’ roles available
1. Customer facing reception shifts, House keeping and hostel cleaning
Duties: Reception, House keeping and hostel cleaning shifts
Hours: 25-40 hours per week between 9 AM and 9 PM (daily working hours alter depending on rostered shifts)
2. House keeper and cleaner
Duties: House keeping and hostel cleaning only
Hours: 15-30 hours per week between 8.30 AM and 2.30 PM
Note: English is not so important for this role but previous house keeping or cleaning experience is preferred
What does Attic offer:
* A good hourly wage.
* Subsidised live in accommodation
* A nice working and living environment
* Good hours to suit both the hostel and our team. We understand most of our staff are also on a travelling holiday.
* A great fun job with a nice mix of people interaction and hard work where you can see the benefits of your efforts on a daily basis through a clean hostel and happy guests.
What makes a great Attic staff member;
* Ability to work unsupervised, accurately and efficiently
* Natural dedication to providing a great guest experience
* A love of people and ability to relate to guests from different backgrounds
* Good written English and an ability to speak a 2nd European language is an advantage
* Ability to multi-task as our team are rostered on house keeping, cleaning and customer facing reception shifts
* Good PC and system skills – previous hostel, customer facing or hospitality background skills are always advantageous
* Desire and temperament to work hard, go the extra mile, create a great guest experience and do so with a smile and positive attitude
* A positive attitude – hostels are lots of fun but also require hard work and patience to ensure our 100 guests receive a great guest experience
* A sense of humour, an enjoyment in being part of a great team, an ability to work fast and accurately and a love and understanding of people.and processes.
Requirements:when applying to work at Attic
Travel experience and an understanding of what makes a great hostel for guests
Hostel, hotel, hospitality background or duty manager experience. Excellent English and the ability to speak another European language would be beneficial
Great work ethic
Wanting a minimum of 3 months employment at Attic
Right to work and live in New Zealand
A cover email with CV when applying
An understanding that Attic’s staffing needs fluctuate as our working holiday visa staff leave to travel.
We may not always have a position available but we welcome your interest and will respond to let you know if positions are available
Please send your cover email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org