1. ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURESCheckin time is from 2 pm.
Attic does not open until 9 am each day. Guests cannot arrive at the hostel earlier than 9 am without pre-booking the night prior. Guests can arrive after 9 am and leave their luggage at the hostel but will need to leave the hostel and return at normal checkin time of 2 pm.
Our reception is open until 9 PM for checkin. Any guests who haven’t arrived by 9 PM will have their credit card (card details as provided when booking) charged and will be sent an email with late arrival instructions. Please use the free airport wifi to check for this email.
It is important you provide the correct credit card and email details when booking and check your inbox using free wifi before arriving after 9 PM at the hostel.
Checkout time is by 10 am
Departing guests must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out before 10am. All possessions must be removed from the room, pillow case taken off your bed and left at reception and keys handed back to reception. Guests are to leave the hostel at checkout time and cannot continue using hostel facilities. Bags can be stored in our bag room until 4 PM latest but guests will need to leave the hostel at 10 Am and return to collect.
Thank you for following checkout instructions so our small team can complete housekeeping and cleaning duties and have the hostel ready for our next booked guests. Any guests who have not completed checkout as outlined will be charged a late checkout and lost key charge.
Identification. you do not have to be a member of any organisation to stay at The Attic, however we do require that a form of valid photo identification is presented upon check in, in either international Passport, or New Zealand driving license. No other forms of Identification are accepted by The Attic. All clients must have a valid credit card to stay which you authorise Attic to charge in case of non payment or hostel fines/damage.
Check-in will commence from 2pm, unless otherwise stated.
The Attic reserves the right to delay check-in time if necessary to complete house keeping duties
* Any guests with obvious cold / flu symptoms are asked to wear a mask whilst staying at Attic and to complete a daily ‘negative’ self applied RAT test for Covid
* Any guest who tests ‘positive’ for Covid must leave the ‘shared living’ hostel and self isolate elsewhere as per New Zealand law. No refunds will be provided.
* New Zealand Health regulations and law applies at all times
* Attic reserves the right to change our policy or evict guests we believe may present a health risk
3. CHECK-OUTCheck-out is at 10am and guests must hand back your key and also take off and return your pillow case to reception so our housekeeping staff know which bed to make. Guests can leave bags in our bag room until 4 PM but must leave the hostel after checkout time of 10 PM. This allows our housekeepers and cleaning staff to be able to clean the hostel for our next guests.
4. AGE POLICY & GROUP RESTRICTIONSThe Attic operates a child-friendly policy of 10+
Guests aged 10-18 must be accompanied by, and supervised by their legal guardian at all times.
We regret to advise that Attic does not accept Stag or Hens groups.
All groups over 10 participants must contact the hostel manager by email on email@example.com to make bookings and receive group terms and conditions
Groups must book or will be allocated into ‘private entire dorms’
Guests aged between 10-18 cannot reside in a shared dormitory unless wholly reserved for their booking party; therefore Guests aged under 18 must reserve either whole dorm or private rooms (Double, Twin) and reside in that room with accompanying adult.
Attic reserves the right on occasion and subject to management approval to allow families with younger children than 10 to stay.
Unlike some hostels, we do not have an upper age limit. Most of our guests are aged between 25-40. Please be aware that you may be assigned a top bunk, bunks are offered on a first-come first-served basis; therefore if you have mobility issues or are unable to ascend a ladder please contact The Attic to arrange free cancellation.
5. ROOM/ BED ALLOCATIONThe Attic cannot guarantee any particular bunk bed, or room, even if the same room type.
Please note that when reserving multiple individual dormitory beds from any reservation channel or directly via The Attic, it does not automatically mean that all the guests on that booking will be allocated to the same room, even if booking the same room type. The Attic team members will, however, always try to allocate all the guests on multiple-person bookings, into the same room, subject to occupancy at the time of booking; Though is not always possible.
The Attic reserves the right to upgrade or downgrade your reservation, when necessary.
Reservations for any Private dormitory, for example 6-Bed Private Dormitory, does guarantee all members of your group will be allocated into the same room.
The Attic does not allocate particular bunks/beds within Private Dormitory rooms to Guests, it’s at the discretion of the Lead Booker to determine which named Guests can occupy which bed within the room.
Groups with Private room bookings must provide the Legal name and, at check-in, an accepted photographic ID of each Guest on their reservation. If in the case the reservation has multiple private dormitories reserved then the Group leader must also inform The Attic of which room each person on the reservation is to be allocated into. In the case that there are multiple Private Dormitories booked on a reservation, Guests must remain within the room allocated to them by their Lead Booker.
6. GUEST AND GROUP BEHAVIOURThe comfort, safety and security of our guests is of paramount importance to The Attic. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be offered a refund.
Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property. In the case of groups, the group leaders must ensure that all members of their group behave in an acceptable manner. Failure of any individual group member to conform to either The Attic house rules or acceptable behaviours; Or any individual group member that breaches the reservation terms & conditions so will result in the expulsion of the whole group, without refund. Police will be contacted if warranted.
The number of persons within any Room (mixed-dorm, private dorm or private room) must not exceed the number of beds within the room at any given time.
Off-site alcohol is permitted to be consumed at The Attic, providing it is done so in a responsible manner. Guests are allowed to enjoy a social drink but Attic is not a party hostel. All Guests must abide by house rules, and when prompted, Guests must adhere to the instructions of Attic Team Members. Please see our alcohol policy under FAQ section. No drinking in rooms is permitted or a $100 fine will be applied. A social drink is permitted in our common areas until 11 PM. Any drunken, rowdy or unacceptable behaviour may result in fines or drunken / unruly guests may be evicted without a refund.
7. SMOKINGIt is illegal to smoke inside any building in New Zealand. Smoking is not therefore permitted within any dormitory or private rooms, or common spaces within The Attic premises, with the exception of the designated smoking area found on the outside Balcony / Terrace. Ashtrays are provided in the designated smoking area for guests who wish to smoke.
Any guest found smoking inside the building will be charged a $150 cleaning fee and asked to leave the premises immediately, furthermore, no refund will be offered for any outstanding accommodation.
8. PERSONAL PROPERTYPlease note we do not have large lockers in rooms. Guests can use the smaller valuables lockers in our lobby or kitchen to secure small personal items. These lockers are available for use free of charge, but need to be secured using a padlock provided by the guest. Guests need to keep their belongings neatly packed away in their dorms.
It is wholly the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times. The Attic accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
9. THE ATTIC PROPERTY RIGHTSGuests will be expected to reimburse The Attic for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay at the Hostel. This may take the form of physical damage charges or cleaning/ housekeeping charges.
10. ACCESS KEYS AND CODESUpon check-in guests will receive a room key and access codes to the hostels two security doors. Your key is to to be returned at 10am on the date of check out. A lost key charge (currently $20.00 but subject to increase) will be charged to your credit card for any lost keys. By making bookings, guests understand and agree that any damage caused to the hostel, bedding, fines for not following hostel house rules etc will be charged against the customer’s credit card.
The two PIN codes used for Access to the hostel are not to be provided to any other person other than staying Guests. Guests who are determined to have given access codes to non-staying persons will be asked to check-out immediately without refund. Please consider the security and safety of other hostel guests.
11. LIABILITYExcept in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, The Attic’s liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the services booked, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
12. YOUR INFORMATIONThe Attic shall only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information or you wish to have your contact information removed from any database owned or operated by The Attic, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us.
13. ERRORS & OMISSIONSAny omission or errors in sales literature, web pages or site, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, despatch note, invoice or other document issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
14. DISCRETIONAll bookings are subject to availability and The Attic reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
15. CANCELLATION POLICYPlease ensure you carefully read the cancellation policy that applies to your booking. Attic will charge in full for any late cancellations, late amendments or no shows as per the cancellation terms of your booking. No refunds are provided for any early departure.
16. LATE DEPARTUREIn the case of a late departure, ie. staying longer than our 10 AM check out time without pre-arranging late checkout with Attic staff, The Attic reserves the right to charge for a further nights stay. Management discretion will apply. We need all guests to depart by 10 am so we can have the hostel cleaned and beds laundered and made for the next guest.
17. PAYMENTA valid credit card MUST be presented on check-in to the hotel for incidentals and additional charges. Payments may be made by credit card, by cash or EFTPOS.
If you choose to pay by credit card, a 4% transaction fee will be added to your total bill. This fee is subject to change, and applicable fees will be confirmed on check-in. Payments by Cash or EFTPOS do not incur any transaction fees. Any reservation charges needs to be settled on arrival at the hostel or, in the case of extensions, at the commencement date of the new reservation.
The Attic reserves the right to charge any reservations, that fall on, or over public holidays, or high-demand special events within Auckland City, in advance.
18. DEPOSITS AND PRE-PAYMENTS OR CHARGES AFTER DEPARTUREAttic generally does not ask clients for deposits but does reserve the right to charge a deposit or full pre-payment, including outside the cancellation period, in advance of arrival.
Any applicable charges for lost keys, damage, damage to bedding, fines for broken house rules etc will be charged on departure to the hostel and all guests accept and agree to this policy when making bookings. Keys remain the property of The Attic at all times.
Group Reservation Deposits
Group deposit, cancellation and payment differ from individual terms and will be provided by Attic Management. For all group enquiries please contact us on email@example.com
19. LONG TERM STAYThe Attic operates a standard policy of 14 nights maximum stay, unless otherwise approved by Property Management. Extensions are possible on a week to week basis at Attic’s discretion, to a maximum of 28 nights. Guests cannot stay at Attic longer than 28 nights.
All extensions are to be paid in advance. Furthermore any extension guests must remain socially proactive with new arrivals, maintain good personal hygiene and keep a clean bunk area, any guests if not conforming to hostel rules or acceptable hostel behaviour, as deemed by management, may not be extended or will be asked to leave.