1. ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES
New arrivals can check into their rooms after 2pm each day, unless purchasing early arrival product (see point 2.) Guests may arrive earlier than the stated check-in times and leave their luggage at the hostel but access to rooms will not be granted until either 2pm or 10am, with purchase of an early check-in.
Departing guests must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, before 10am, unless Guest has purchased Late check-out product, at which point check-out is available until 2pm. After Check-out guests may make use of the free luggage storage facilities but all possessions must be removed from the room and the Key(s) provided at Check-in must be handed back to reception.
Identification. you do not have to be a member of any organisation to stay at The Attic, however we do require that a form of valid photo identification is presented upon check in, in either international Passport, or New Zealand driving license. No other forms of Identification are accepted by The Attic
Check-in will commence from 2pm, unless otherwise stated.
The Attic reserve the right to delay check-in time
Early Check-in commences from 10am.
Early Check-in is an additional product available at a charge of $5 per person for Mixed, Female-only & Private Dormitories, and $10 for Private Rooms (Double, Twin, Single)
3. CHECK-OUTCheck-out is at 10am and guests must hand all keys back to reception before 10:30am at the latest, to receive a full refund of any key deposits paid.
Late Check-out is an additional product purchased from Reception before 10am on the scheduled date of departure for any Reservation.
Late check-out (product) entitles the Guest to check out any time before 2pm on the scheduled date of departure, at a cost of $5 per person for bookings in Mixed, Female-only or Private dormitories, and at a cost of $10 for Private Rooms (Double, Twin and Single)
Guests who have purchased a Late Check out option must have all keys returned before 2:30pm at the latest on the date of departure in order to receive a full refund of any key deposits paid.
4. AGE POLICY & RESTRICTIONSThe Attic operates a child-friendly policy of 10+
Guests aged 10-18 must be accompanied by, and supervised by their legal guardian at all times.
Guests aged between 10-18 cannot reside in a shared dormitory unless wholly reserved for their booking party; therefore Guests aged under 18 must reserve either whole dorm or private rooms (Double, Twin) and reside in that room with accompanying adult.
Unlike some hostels, we do not have an upper age limit. Most of our guests are aged between 25-40. Please be aware that you may be assigned a top bunk, bunks are offered on a first-come first-served basis; therefore if you have mobility issues or are unable to ascend a ladder please contact The Attic to arrange free cancellation.
5. ROOM/ BED ALLOCATIONThe Attic cannot guarantee any particular bunk bed, or room, even if the same room type.
Please note that when reserving multiple individual dormitory beds from any reservation channel or directly via The Attic, it does not automatically mean that all the guests on that booking will be allocated to the same room, even if booking the same room type. The Attic team members will, however, always try to allocate all the guests on multiple-person bookings, into the same room, subject to occupancy at the time of booking; Though is not always possible.
The Attic reserves the right to upgrade or downgrade your reservation, when necessary.
Reservations for any Private dormitory, for example 6-Bed Private Dormitory, does guarantee all members of your group will be allocated into the same room.
The Attic does not allocate particular bunks/beds within Private Dormitory rooms to Guests, it’s at the discretion of the Lead Booker to determine which named Guests can occupy which bed within the room.
Groups with Private room bookings must provide the Legal name and, at check-in, an accepted photographic ID of each Guest on their reservation. If in the case the reservation has multiple private dormitories reserved then the Group leader must also inform The Attic of which room each person on the reservation is to be allocated into. In the case that there are multiple Private Dormitories booked on a reservation, Guests must remain within the room allocated to them by their Lead Booker.
6. GUEST AND GROUP BEHAVIOURThe comfort, safety and security of our guests is of paramount importance to The Attic. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be offered a refund.
Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property. In the case of groups, the group leaders must ensure that all members of their group behave in an acceptable manner. Failure of any individual group member to conform to either The Attic house rules or acceptable behaviours; Or any individual group member that breaches the reservation terms & conditions so will result in the expulsion of the whole group, without refund. Police will be contacted if warranted.
The number of persons within any Room (mixed-dorm, private dorm or private room) must not exceed the number of beds within the room at any given time.
Off-site alcohol is permitted to be consumed at The Attic, providing it is done so in a responsible manner. All Guests must abide by house rules, and when prompted, Guests must adhere to the instructions of Attic Team Members.
7. SMOKINGSmoking is not permitted within any dormitory or private rooms, or common spaces within The Attic premises, with the exception of the designated smoking area found on the Balcony / Terrace. Ashtrays are provided in the designated smoking area for guests who wish to smoke.
Any guest found smoking inside the building will be charged a $150 cleaning fee and asked to leave the premises immediately, furthermore, no refund will be offered for any outstanding accommodation.
8. PERSONAL PROPERTYSecurity is of paramount importance to us here at The Attic, and although we have several security access measures in place, all guests are asked to use the secure personal item lockers found in the Locker room, off corridor 11. These lockers are available for use free of charge, and are secured using either a padlock provided by the guest or from a key supplied by Reception at a $2.00 daily charge, any keys not returned to Reception at the end of the agreed usage period will result in a $20 replacement charge .
It is wholly the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times. The Attic accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
9. THE ATTIC PROPERTY RIGHTSGuests will be expected to reimburse The Attic for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay at the Hostel. This may take the form of physical damage charges or cleaning/ housekeeping charges.
10. ACCESS KEYS AND CODESUpon check-in guests will receive a key and access codes for access to their room and to the hostels two security doors. These keys are to be returned at 10am on the date of check out. Failure to return the keys will result in a $20.00 charge, which may be charged against the customer’s credit card supplied at the time of reservation.
The two PIN codes used for Access to the hostel are not to be provided to any other person other than staying Guests. Guests who are determined to have disseminating access codes to non-staying persons will be asked to check-out immediately without refund.
11. LIABILITYExcept in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, The Attic’s liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the services booked, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
12. YOUR INFORMATIONThe Attic shall only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information or you wish to have your contact information removed from any database owned or operated by The Attic, please let us know by contacting [email protected] or by writing to us.
13. ERRORS & OMISSIONSAny omission or errors in sales literature, web pages or site, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, despatch note, invoice or other document issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
14. DISCRETIONAll bookings are subject to availability and The Attic reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
15. CANCELLATION POLICYThe Attic operate a 48-hour cancellation policy, as standard unless otherwise stated, meaning that we need to be notified before 2pm the day prior to the commencement of the reservation, of any cancellation or changing of a reservation. At the day of check-in, upon payment, there will be no refunds given for any early departure.
16. LATE DEPARTUREIn the case of a late departure, ie. Check-out after the agreed upon time, as per the reservation. The Attic reserves the right to charge for a further nights stay at the appropriate rack rate of the bed(s). Management discretion will apply.
17. PAYMENTA valid credit card MUST be presented on check-in to the hotel for incidentals and additional charges. Payments may be made by credit card, by cash or EFTPOS.
If you choose to pay by credit card, a 4% transaction fee will be added to your total bill. This fee is subject to change, and applicable fees will be confirmed on check-in. Payments by Cash or EFTPOS do not incur any transaction fees. Any reservation charges needs to be settled on arrival at the hostel or, in the case of extensions, at the commencement date of the new reservation.
The Attic reserves the right to charge any reservations, that fall on, or over public holidays, or high-demand special events within Auckland City, in advance.
18. DEPOSITSKey Deposit
All Reservations made at The Attic are subject to a compulsory key deposit of $20.00NZD. This entitles the Guest one access key to the dormitory or room booked as part of their Reservation. Any additionally required keys will be charged on a basis of $20.00NZD each.
The Key deposit will be reimbursed in the form of cash providing the Guest has successfully checked-out and has met the criteria outlined in point 3, Check-Out.
Keys remain the property of The Attic at all times.
Reservation Deposits (also referred to as prepayment)
Reservation deposit is determined to be a prepayment of a percentage of the total balance of a reservation.
A reservation deposit is required for bookings of 10+ persons.
Individuals or bookings of up to 9 persons will not be subject to any reservation deposit, unless outlined as part of the payment terms of your booking.
All group bookings of 10 or more persons, who book direct with Attic Backpackers are required to pay a 50% non refundable deposit no later than 4 days prior to arrival to secure rooms.
All outstanding payments for the duration of your stay are to be paid on arrival (check-in) at the hostel, or on the commencement date for any reservation.
19. LONG TERM STAYThe Attic operates a standard policy of 28 nights max stay, unless otherwise approved by Property Management. To qualify for an extension of stay, past original bookings guests must reserve spaces for a minimum of 7 nights and have no arrears.
All reservations made are to be paid in advance. Furthermore any long-term guests must remain socially proactive with new arrivals, maintain good personal hygiene and keep a clean bunk area, any guests if not conforming to hostel rules or acceptable hostel behaviour, as deemed by management, may not be extended or will be asked to leave.